Monday, December 31, 2018

and just like that...2018 is history

Image may contain: sky, mountain, outdoor, text and nature

As I lay here in my bed trying to write something for the first time in a long time, the clock ticks closer to midnight and the end of 2018. And I can truthfully say, I will not be sad to see this year of trials and heartbreak end.

* I said good bye to one of the dearest people in my life as she lost her battle to cancer.

* I watched Steve grieve the loss of his mother.

* I prayed for a friend's 18 year old daughter as she began her battle of lymphoma.

* I 'prepared' my heart multiple times to say good bye to our special blessings.

And I am emotionally exhausted and struggling to see the good that is around me.


    So...
    Good bye 2018...
        good bye sadness...
        good bye depression...
        good bye negative thoughts!

     And...
     Welcome 2019...
            welcome leaning on God for strength...
            welcome spiritual growth...
            welcome living joyfully...
            welcome CHANGE!