Saturday, May 17, 2008

kids fun run!

PRE-RUN

Today was the Fun Run for the bases throughout the world.

The weather was a bit if-y, but the girls and I got up and got ready. We arrived at the base at 8:30 (Steve was at work). Signed in and got the t-shirts. The run began at 9:00am.
SOME OF THE GANG

The weather was still holding out--could we make it before the torrential rain storms?
The runners stretched and did a short warm up....
and then they were off!

Michaela's age group ran 2 miles.
2 MILES AND STILL SMILING


She did very well. She wanted to run without stopping. She stopped a few times BUT....she finished!!!!!


WELL DONE MICHAELA!!!!

My thoughts with Emma and her 1/2 mile were that she and I would run it together. I guess she had other thoughts. She took off like a rocket. I kept telling my friend that surely she would slow down/walk soon. I said this about three times before I realized Emma was not going to be stopping--or slowing down!!!! I cut across a field and met her as she came down the last leg--still running!!! She finished 1st!!!! (in the 5-6 yr. old age group).



THE BIG FINISH!!!!

YEAH EMMA!!

Then, can you believe, the little goober looked at me and said, "I want to go again!". So off she went--running two more laps around the course--1 mile!!!!!! A total of 1.5 miles!!! Never stopped!! To be 4--oh yeah, and in better shape:)!!!!

THE EXTRA MILE BIG FINISH!!!!!