Friday, January 01, 2010

new hopes; new prospects; a new year-2010

***I have been sitting here trying to write a post about the prospects of a new year, but my thoughts are jumping everywhere. I went back and read my New Year's post from last year and realized I really could not say it better than I did as 2009 lay before us. So, I have changed a few things, but it is the same for the most part.

2010 has arrived.

It came in quietly--no fanfare, no hoopla. Just a click of the clock that announced the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010.

This is the time of the year that people evaluate their lives; the things that are good, the areas that are in need of work, and the prospects and direction for the future.

As I look back on our past year, a variety of emotions wash over me. I am filled with sadness that the situation warranted us finding a new congregation to worship with, but joy at the friendships and Christian love we have found at the Oldham Woods congregation. My heart is filled with pride at the choices I have seen Michaela make as she grows in her Christianity; I am in awe of the maturity of some of the Biblical principals we have discussed. Emma Shea puts her heart and soul into everything she does and I could not be more proud of the young lady she is maturing into. This past year brought heartache from actions of those that we considered friends, but these heartaches brought growth and maturity as we looked to God for support.
It was a year that brought much stress and uncertainty and allowed us to become closer as a family as we worked through the confusion.

As I sit and type this I am surrounded by the disarray of final projects being completed (started) as we prepare to put the house on the market and move to Louisville. While the prospect of moving is exciting, there is also worry for the uncertainty of our futures. Yet that fear is blanketed by the thankfulness we feel for all we have been blessed with. And I know that we are on the path that God has set for us!

2009--in small snippets--was filled with difficulty, frustrations heartbreaks, and stress.

2009--in the 'big picture'--was filled with joy and thanksgiving as we worked through the obstacles!

I do not know what 2010 has in store for us.I know that there will be times of joy and times of uncertainty.I know that there will be change. It is inevitable. Because that is what makes up life.

2010 brings new hopes; new prospects.

2010 is a new year filled with new hopes and new prospects, but the same Almighty God that controls everything.

I have made 'resolutions' for myself and my family for this new year. Changes and achievements that I/we will strive to accomplishment. I know that if our focus remains on living a life that is Christ-centered all things are possible. I know that because our God does not falter in His promises, whatever 2010 brings will not be greater than Him.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Happy New Year!