Tuesday, June 08, 2010

give me the toddler years any day....

As individuals, we go through various stages in our journey through life. Some stages, such as the beginning of our careers or marriage to our 'soul mate", we enter willingly; with anticipation and excitement. Other stages, like trading in our 'cool' car for the dreaded mini van, come with much opposition. We rationalize improbable options. We avoid the obvious at all cost. But eventually reality hits us, and we reluctantly give in to the inevitable.

And we don't like it! Not one little bit!!

I have pretended that it cannot possibly be happening. I have dug my heels in and fought the next stage with every ounce of strength I have. But my foothold is slipping and the fateful is unfolding in front of my eyes.

Denial is no longer an option!!!

So if you see me and my hair is a little grayer, the worry lines are taking over my face, and I have developed a nervous tic please don't run away from me! Please come hug and comfort me. Pray with me for the strength needed as I am forced to embark on this new stage of life. Please! Please! Please! help me as I become the mother of a daughter...

with a boyfriend!!