Tuesday, November 23, 2010

on the eve of thanksgiving eve ....

Today was a extremely long day for me. I woke up at 4:30am and left the house at 5:10. I made it to work with a few minutes to spare. 12 hours later I walked out of the Humana building, exhausted and worn out! The 4 block walk to the parking lot was endless and the drive home felt like it would never end. Walking through the front door, sitting in the big comfy couch, and talking to the girls (and Steve) was all I wanted to do.

But my family had other plans for me!!! As I opened the door, I was welcomed by the smells of dinner cooking. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, and green bean casserole had all been prepared by Steve and the girls this afternoon. What a great 'Welcome Home.'

Now Steve is on his way to work, Mac is cleaning the kitchen, Emma is taking a shower, and I am sitting with my feet propped up...counting my blessings!
we just replaced an ugly brass and glass fixture,
the new one definitely needs to be raised


I am so thankful for my family!