Friday, April 02, 2010

friday frivolity...

I just got back from driving Michaela to La Grange for a birthday party...

I will be driving back down in the morning to get her.

I think one day I am going to meet myself on Hwy 71!
~~~~~~~~~~~
So this week began like any other week begins for us...

worshipping God...

a Dave Ramsey session...

food and friends.

And for a little twist to our routine...

having to completely clean out the laptop...

because multiple viruses---attached to a PDF file--- were attacking the registry.

Whoever shared these little varmints with me, next time DON'T!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve took the week off to get the house ready to put on the market...

he has tiled, tiled, and tiled some more.

In order to tile the kitchen we have had to move everything out...

so the stove is in my living room...

and the refrigerator is in the hallway.

I just need a couch on my front porch to feel like a complete redneck!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The kitchen has taken ALOT longer than we planned...

so the painting is behind schedule...

tomorrow we will have to work in warp speed to get as much done as possible.

I think Steve will be ready to go back to work so he can get some rest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The kitchen looks really nice with the tile...

I had priced out travertine and we were ready to go pick it up...

but we thought we would go to the Tile clearance center and look around real quick.

They had a ceramic tile clearanced to .89/sq.ft...

which was $3.00/sq.ft cheaper than the travertine...

so I convinced myself I liked it.

Because seriously, why would I pay all that $ for beautiful travertine when SOMEONE else is going to get to enjoy it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also found a 4 year old top of the line dishwasher on Craigslist...

in the right color...

for $100.00!!!

We haven't had a dishwasher since before we left for England...

long, ugly story...

and replacing it hasn't been a priority since we came back...

because when you are out of work and it is either eat and have electricity or buy a dishwasher, for some reason the electricity and food always won out~

but we knew we needed to put one in before we listed the house...

so I was excited to find a cheap one!

Because seriously, why would I pay all that $ for a new dishwasher when SOMEONE else is going to get to enjoy it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve has added tiling to the list of jobs he hates...

he even made the comment that he would rather be painting than tiling!

He must truly dislike tiling because thanks to the Navy, he DESPISES painting!

Can you tell what our lives have been consumed with this week...

I promise this is the last time I will mention tiling in this post!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michaela's week was slow...

No play practices. No performances.

She came home on the bus every day...

and only had dance on Tuesday.

It was so nice to be able to retire the Taxi sign for the van this week!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emma has had a great time playing in the glorious sunshine we have had...

she wished for a swimming pool today.

Keep wishing baby girl, it may be back to 60 by next week!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is the end of the grading term...

so Emma brought her report card home this week.

She is doing well...

still asks for some help with her Math papers...

but has increased by almost 2 grades in her Accelerated Reading program.

Quite impressive for a little girl that not too long ago had to be forced to pick up a book!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I take my finals next week...

and then I am taking a break for a few terms.

and I am very ready to not have to say, "I have to go study!"

Of course those words will hopefully be replaced with, " I have to go pack up the house!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Right now I am going to get some sleep so that I can get up and drive to La Grange to get Michaela, come home and help with painting and grouting, go get Easter bunny goodies, and figure out how to boil eggs for coloring ---without a stove!

Good night!