Tuesday, April 20, 2010

lady of leisure no more...

While we may have an idea about where we are headed and the time we want to take to get there, God often has other plans for us. And as much as we like to think we are in control of our lives, He has ways of making His presence in the pilot's seat unmistakable. Sometimes with subtlety. Sometimes with a frying pan. But always unmistakable. And always in His time.

Unfortunatey my reminders often have to be a frying pan to my head..because I do not give up control easily. And I am not a patient person.

After giving up on the application I submitted a few months ago to a tutoring company, I had decided to just get the house ready to sell and look for a job (to fill in the time until I begin taking classes again) when we moved.

But God had other plans for me.

So after many years of being a lady of leisure, sitting around the house watching 'my daily dose of smut' and eating bon bons, I am going back to work!

Starting tomorrow I will be working for a company tutoring students in their homes.

I am not sure if I should be excited or dreading this :p