Friday, April 23, 2010

friday frivolity...

I forced myself to stop ironing for a minute to write...

so I will have to make this a quick rambling...

because I LOVE ironing mounds of Emma's clothes!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This week as gone by so fast...

not much has happened...

but it feels like we just began the week yesterday.

They say time flies when you are having fun!

Oh 'fun', is THAT what you call it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stephen started on nights Sunday...

so far so good.

Of course it doesn't really affect us here...

I just get a call at 11:00pm instead of 11:00am,..

and I don't talk to him on his lunch break.

Because (in theory) I am asleep at 2am.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve also got a part-time job this week...

because he was wasting so much time...

sleeping!

I am glad he finally is using his freetime wisely:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also got a job this week...

tutoring part-time.

I have had two sessions so far...

and I hope to pick up some more students in the next few weeks.

I now remember why I wanted to teach!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michaela has the dreaded state testing next week...

I will be glad when it is finished...

because I am so tired of hearing, "Preped for the test." when I ask her what she did in school.

I now remember why I no longer want to teach!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emma is working on money in school...

and she seems to have the same aptitude for Math that her sister has.

This is NOT a good thing!

I wonder if I get a discount for tutoring with my new employer?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emma is having a great time with the warm temperatures and longer days...

she is outside long after the street lights come on...

if we actually had street lights out here in the country.

The thrill over homework has been lost to the thrill of the great outdoors.

Summer break cannot come soon enough!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michaela asked to be homeschooled again...

after another discussion about why I am against homeschooling...

she finally confessed that the only reason she would want to be HS'd is because she hates getting up in the morning.

I told her if she was HS'd we would still have to get up early and start lessons...

and she laughed.

I am not sure what she was trying to imply!

I love mornings...

as long as they start after 10am!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blogger has still not fixed the problem with my 'comments'.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I looked for rooms to rent in Louisville...

because I think it would just be easier for Steve to have his own place near work...

and come visit us here once in a while.

No packing. No For Sale sign. No upheaval.

For some reason, he wasn't as excited about the idea as I was!

Kind of selfish of him don't ya' think:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michaela has her last competition tomorrow...

in Louisville of course...

because Steve is not working this weekend.

I have my Advil packed...

and am prepared for the drama-fest...

a.k.a. Dance Team Moms!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oddly, as I have sat typing this post...

the pile of ironing has not shrunk AT ALL!

As it seems the laundry fairy has taken the night off...

I better get back to the ironing board :(

Disposable clothes are looking better and better!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have a great weekend!