Monday, December 10, 2007

just a quick update

I haven't updated in awhile so I thought I would add a few pictures.

There hasn't been too much happening here.
Thanksgiving was a normal day here for us. Stephen worked his 13 hour shift, Emma and Michaela went to school, and I made yeast rolls and jello salad (or fruit snot as our friend, Stephanie, has named it). We ate with the Ostrowski's and the Hanson's later that evening.

Michaela and Emma Shea had their school Christmas Fayres Friday. Emma talked to Father Christmas ( I did not have my camera with me) and told him she would like a camera, make-up, and a purple pony. She would not sit on his lap, but she stood next to him and talked to him--an improvement over last year. Michaela--after MUCH prompting from us--has finally come up with a few items she would like Santa to consider.

Tonight was the lighting of the tree on the base. The girls and I bundled up--
because it is COLD!!!!!!--and went to sing the songs and watch the tree lights be turned on. A special guest, Father Christmas, Santa Claus, or St. Nicholas, depending on your nationality, came in on a fire truck to surprise all the children.
Of course, traffic had to be directed to ensure Santa's safe arrival--and guess who was there to maintain order!!!


We are planning to get our tree this week and make our Christmas cards. I just cannot believe it is almost the end of the year! Crazy how fast time is going.

I will add pictures of Emma as a snowflake in her school presentation tomorrow afternoon.