Thursday, November 12, 2009

really, should you be talking about THAT in public?....

Have you ever noticed that whenever a group of women get together and there is an expecting or new mom in the mix, the conversation automatically goes to the joys and traumas of childbirth.

Stretchmarks, gas, sore breast, hernias, labor pains, episiotomies, afterbirth; you name it, it is discussed.

Yet, never have I walked up on a group of men and heard conversations about vasectomies, colonoscopies, or hernias.

I have never heard,

"My incisions took forever to heal."

"It took 5 stitches to sew up my incisions."

or, "The worst part of the procedure was afterwards when the hair was growing back."

Never have I heard men discussing the prep-work for their colonoscopy or heard them discuss the bedside manner of the doctor performing their testicular exams.

It just doesn't happen!

But I have learned that the quickest way to get a guy to leave a room is to start talking about 'womanly body things'.They will hit the floor running, mumbling, "Should you really be talking about that in public?"as they head out the door!