Friday, December 04, 2009

friday frivolity....

Happy, happy Friday!!!!

I am so thankful that this week has come to a close...

Time to relax a little and get ready for the craziness of next week!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve is home tonight...

He drove home after work for a night of rest and relaxation finishing the lights outside...

5 times climbing onto the roof...

but it was worth it!Do you think I would be pushing my luck to ask him to put a bunch around the tree and bushes?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is SUPPOSED to be Steve's last week end with the Guard...

After 23 years he is retiring...

but as with all military procedures there is a problem with the paperwork....

he'll find out tomorrow if he has to drill for a few more months....

military intelligence~~~HA!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michaela worked past her fear of singing in front of people...

and tried out for a part in the 8th grade play...

the cast list came out today...

she is a candy kid...


We do not know what part that is...

We do know it is a minor, minor part...

but we are so proud of her for stepping WAY out of her comfort zone and trying!!!

Michaela is just thrilled she does not have to sing a solo on stage!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emma had a GREAT week..

It is almost scary how well it has gone...

She is reading everything in sight...

Hard to believe just a few months ago we couldn't get her to willingly read anything...

soon the days of spelling things we do not want her know about will come to an end:(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While Steve was up on the roof tonight he looked down and said..

"Have I mentioned how much I like my job?"

My response...

"Have I mentioned how much I like you having a job?"

It's the little things--paychecks and insurance--that make me happy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We will be cutting down our Christmas tree this week-end...

a family tradition we were not been able to do for the last few years...

I cannot wait to see Emma searching for the 'perfect one'...

It is the anticipation and excitement in the girls' faces that make the season special!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve and Emma are downstairs watching Santa Clause is coming to Town...

Michaela is in bed reading...

I am upstairs enjoying peace, solitude, and.....
I LOVE WINTER!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomorrow is filled with cleaning and studying...

so I am going to enjoy the rest of the fire...

and then go up to my nice warm bed compliments of my husband who sleeps on my side of the bed until I come up so it will be nice and warm for me!!!!

it's one of the reasons I keep him around!