Friday, December 18, 2009

friday frivolity...

We just dropped Michaela off at the dance studio for her Dance Team lock-in...

Steve and Emma are playing Chutes and Ladder...

I am watching NCIS on the laptop, enjoying the roaring fire in the fireplace...

Life is good!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The girls are out of school for Winter break...

They may start the school break with some snow...

20% chance of snow...

The bread, milk, and toilet paper are flying off the shelves at Kroger...

because you know the 1 to 2 inches they are calling for may shut the city down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I unfortunately still have classes next week...

My Interpersonal Communication class was canceled for Tuesday...

and I have no work for my A&P class next week...

but I will be driving to CS on Monday and Wednesday for Physics...

and then I will be done until the 4th!

unless I skip my Physic class and go ahead and begin my break now!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve was off today and will be home for the weekend...

he has been busy helping Santa with a Christmas project...

taking some furniture to Goodwill...

and fixing the extension cord for the lights that Cali chewed up outside.

at least he hasn't had to go up on the roof to rehang the lights this trip home!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is weird having Steve home for several days in a row...

The girls and I get into our own routine...

and then he comes and messes it up...

I don't know what we are going to do when he is home for almost 2 weeks for his Christmas break...

All I know is that tomorrow morning when Mac needs picked up at 8:00am, I will be thrilled to have him home:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Christmas shopping is almost complete...

Emma was easy...online mainly

Michaela reads the blog....so 'no comment' :)

Stocking stuffers still needed...

but thankfully the end is in sight!

and even better, we will not have to contact Dave Ramsey!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emma got her glasses Thursday...

She was so excited...

One of her eyes is not focusing with the other one, which is normal...

but she has been complaining of 'her brain hurting'...

so Dr. H prescribed them for reading.

of course she wants to wear them ALL OF THE TIME!

I am sure that will change if she has to wear them for a few years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I cannot believe I had to get glasses for my 6 year old...

I found an adorable pair of Vera Bradley glasses...

but Emma found a pair that was pink with butterflies...

and no other pair would do...

but I figured she is 6 and has to wear glasses:(...

so she should have a pair that she loves!

even if the VB did fit her face better:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I cannot believe how early in life peer pressure begins...

Today was pajama day at the elementary school...

Emma had planned to wear her Dora thermals...

but this morning when I told her to take off her pajama--and put on her pajamas:)

she became very somber...

she said some kids did not like Dora...

and they would make fun of her for wearing them...

so she wore her crazy stripped pajamas instead.

Wow, first graders can be brutal!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well Steve and Emma have moved on to an alphabet game...

the fire needs some more wood...

and I am getting sleepy...

Good night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~