Monday, March 22, 2010

'much to be thankful for' monday...

My blogger friend Linny, at A Place Called Simplicity, does a Thankful Thursday post each week. No matter what craziness is going on in their lives, she takes the time to list things that she is thankful for. A kick in the pants, stop your wallowing kind of thing. Today I need a swift HARD kick, so I decided that instead of allowing my thoughts to be consumed with anger and hurt, I would list the things that I am so thankful for--even if it isn't Thursday!

I am thankful for:
  • healthy husband and daughters
  • a home to live in
  • a reliable car to drive
  • a steady paycheck
  • health and dental insurance
  • Pepsi w/ lots of ice
  • a husband that can do handyman jobs--so we don't have to hire one
  • a husband that is patient with his perfectionist wife and just withstands the rants quietly
  • a friend, that even 1000s of miles away and in the midst of a crazy time in her life, offered (w/o being asked) to help empty our storage unit in England
  • the same friend for sensing that I was not in a good place with an unexpected situation and ending our conversation with three words, "God is good"--because at that moment, I certainly needed to be reminded that He is in control!
  • the daffodils that are blooming
  • that Michaela's play is finished
  • M&M MckFlurrys
  • that the nasty opossum did not run out in front of my van as I snuck out and got the above item
  • having a washer and dryer--even though I hate to use them:)
  • the smiles on Emma's face when she got home from school
  • being able to purge things without certain someones saying, "I may need that one day!"
  • 25% off coupon for Sherwin Williams
  • prayer
  • my nice comfy bed--which I think I will go take advantage of
  • and mostly I am thankful for a God that is constant
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things ---Philippians 4:8