Friday, May 28, 2010

friday frivolity...

Looked at the clock and was surprised to see that Friday was almost gone...

So I sent my husband away from the computer so that I could write ramble!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This post was actually supposed to be written from Alabama...

after the graduation of my friend's oldest daughter...

but life events prevented us from making t down there!

Instead we sat and watched the ceremony live on the computer.

and I was able to sit and wonder where the little girl that let me sit on her bed and play with her and her play food went...

and cry in private!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The countdown for the end of the school year is down to 2 days...

2 days until no more alarm clocks...

2 days until no more homework!

2 days until I have a 2nd grader and a HIGH SCHOOL-er!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And if having a high schooler didn't make me feel old enough...

I feel REALLY old when I read FB status from former classmates announcing the births of their first grandchild!

Yup! Grandchildren! OLD!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to take this time to thank the individual that borrowed my carpet cleaner...

and put it back on the garage shelf without bothering to clean out the sludge from the tank...

after over three years in the garage...

the smell was priceless!

or stomach turning, repulsively nauseating.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Michaela came home from school and laid down on the couch...

within minutes she was sound asleep...

For the rest of the evening she was lethargic and pale.

I think she is having withdrawal from not texting for the last week!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Emma is so ready for school to be over...

she is outside playing from the moment she gets home from school...

and stays out as long as we let her.

She cannot wait to be able to stay out until it is too dark to see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have a question for the new singing artist I hear on the radio...

Is there a reason you have to say your name in the song, often multiple times?

If your good, we will remember your name without hearing it in your songs!

Seriously, can you imagine listening to "I Can't Drive 55" and in the chorus hearing Sammy sing, 'Vaa-aaan Haleeeen'!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I guess I should close this out and hit PUBLISH.

Tomorrow is a fun filled day of laundry!

And if I am lucky...

I will be able to continue doing laundry through the holiday weekend!!!

Oh if I can only be so fortunate!