Thursday, May 13, 2010

joy that knows no bounds...

After five years of fertility medicines, doctors poking and prodding, and various medical procedures....

August 14, 1996 wiped away the years of disappointment, frustration, and sadness.

August 14, 1996 became the best day of my life.

As I held my new daughter in my arms and prayed a prayer of thanks to God for allowing me the privilege of this precious child, I was filled with a love that I never knew existed....

a love that knows no bounds...

a love that is all encompassing and never ending...

a love that can only be known when you become, "Mommy".

As my precious daughter grew, so did the love in my heart.

I could not imagine sharing that love.

I could not imagine loving another as much as I loved the sweet child that had stolen my heart.

But the love that encompasses the heart of a mommy is a love that expands...

it is a love that has no limits.

On September 2, 2003, my heart was filled with more love than I knew was possible...

a new love enveloped my heart...

and I sent prayers to my heavenly Father thanking Him for entrusting me with the precious life I had just been given...

as I became "Mommy" to another beautiful daughter.

September 2, 2003 was the best day of my life.

And this beautiful Sunday morning, as I awakened to the sounds of my two beautiful daughters wishing me a Happy Mother's Day...

I once again lifted a prayer to my God...

thanking Him for allowing me the privilege of knowing these two beautiful souls...

thanking Him for allowing me the privilege of being loved by these two innocent hearts...

thanking Him for allowing me to the privilege of loving these two beautiful girls...


thanking Him for allowing me to be their "Mommy".
~~~~~~~~~~
originally posted Mother's Day, 2009