Thursday, December 18, 2008

breaking news...

E's greatest wish for Kindergarten has begun to come true!!!

She is about to lose her first tooth.

And I sure wish I knew when Kodak Nikon moments were going to occur so I could have a camera handy--because her excitement and reaction were priceless

She came up from the 'dungeon', i.e basement, and told me her tooth hurt.

I looked at where she was pointing-assuming I would find a cavity {because I thought the top teeth were the ones we normally lost first} and low and behold, her bottom left tooth wiggled. I said, "Oh my goodness, you have a loose tooth!!" She got the biggest grin on her face and teared up from the excitement. {She said her eyes were just watery!!}

Then the questions began:
** "Will the tooth fairy really come and give me presents?"
** "What if I am bad? Will she not come then?" {Where this came from I do not know. We have never used Santa not bringing gifts, etc as a leverage for good behavior!! Who knows with this child!!!}
** "What if it falls out when I brush my teeth?"
** "Where will the tooth fairy put my presents?"
** "Is the tooth fairy real?"
** and on and on........

Now she just has to figure out how to get her pajamas on, brush her teeth, and get in bed with only one usable hand--because the other hand has not stopped wiggling the tooth since she found out it was loose!!!

And, I was just informed, the other bottom tooth is alittle loose also.

It could be a fun Christmas break--a visit from Santa AND the tooth fairy!!!

"See, it's this one!"
**I just hope the drama of pulling out her tooth is not to the same exaggerated level it was in previous years, with a child that will remain nameless!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fun times ahead. Hope the tooth fairy doesn't fall asleep and forget in the Martin home. Our tooth fairy ended up having scavenger hunts... more than once for falling asleep and forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I just wanted to stop by and thank you for joining the friends at A Place Called Simplicity.

    I read many of your posts and saw your husband's need for a job. I started praying immediately that God would meet your need. Thank you for serving as a military family... we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

    I will pray earnestly. What is he able to do? Just in case I hear of anything...email me at APlaceCalledSimplicity@yahoo.com

    Love from Colorado,
    Linn

    ReplyDelete