Friday, May 15, 2009

friday frivolity...

It's been awhile since I have done a Friday ramble...

*** I think we have FINALLY finished planting in the front of the house...and by WE I mean~~I select, purchase, and decide on placement and Stephen does the manual labor. It's a good process!!! Good for me anyways!!!

*** I do still have to buy more mulch~~~the 20 bags I have carried, opened, and spread were not quite enough. The mulch I bought supposedly has a natural weedkiller in it. I think someone forgot to tell the weeds!

*** Emma Shea had a birthday party for a boy in her class~~at every parent's favorite place, Chuckie Cheese!
Thankfully it was at 4:00pm so the noise level was not as out of control as it usually is!!

***Michaela is at the Florida College Booster Club lock in tonight in La Grange. She had lost the privilege two weeks ago, but I have felt so guilty about taking away a good Christian activity that I gave the privilege back on Wednesday. Of course now I feel guilty about not being consistent with the discipline!!! I think hearing her friends at church talk about it for the last two weeks and knowing she was not going was probably punishment enough.

*** Steve got the privilege of driving Michaela to La Grange. I told him driving two hours round trip was far less torturous than 2 hours of the singing mouse and dozens of screaming children!!

*** Vanessa and Billy, thank you for your hard work and I hope you get some sleep tomorrow after spending the night 'locked in ' with all of those teenagers!!!!

*** I watched the season finale of Grey's Anatomy this morning. I was expecting to be disappointed with the storyline~~you figure after so many years the creativity is going to suffer~~but boy was I pleasantly surprised!! It was fantastic. I hate that I have to wait until next season to find out what happens~~I do not like NOT KNOWING! I am the person that snoops for presents and opens them if I find them. 3 months of not knowing is just plain torture!

*** Steve just left for his second job, Emma is downstairs watching a movie, Cali is in her bed so I should take advantage of the calm and study my Biology, OR Chemistry, OR Algebra....
but I will probably go to my room, take a shower, read some blogs, and then read my Anita Shreve book.

*** Hope you have have a good Friday.