Monday, September 28, 2009

inverse function...

I am fortunate enough (insert hysterical laughter) to be taking Calculus this term.

One of the topics we recently 'learned' (and I use that term loosely) is inverse functions.

You know, when what was x is now y. What was C(m) is now C-1(m). Or something like that!

I think my children have been learning right along with me.

Why else, in less than a 12 hour time period would I be able to say....

"EMMA WHERE ARE YOU SHOES? I AM SO TIRED OF GOING THROUGH THIS EVERY MORNING! THERE IS A SHELF IN THE GARAGE SPECIFICALLY FOR SHOES! IF YOU PUT YOUR SHOES WHERE THEY BELONGED WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO HAVE THIS CONVERSATION EVERY STINKIN' MORNING!!!

that was written in caps for effect only. I would NEVER dream of raising my voice~especially at 8:00am.

And less than 9 hours later have to say...

"EMMA, WHY WERE YOUR SHOES LEFT LYING IN THE FRONT HALLWAY? ARE THEY THERE FOR EVERYONE TO TRIP OVER!

again, caps ~~only for emphasis, no voices were raised in the bellowing softly speaking of these sentences:)

AND if they have not been absorbing my lessons on inverse functions why would these sentences have had to be spoken.....

Michaela, why is the kitchen light on when the sun is shining and the room is blindingly bright? Do you want to pay the next electric bill?

and then, just a few hours later....

Don't you think that maybe you should turn a light on so you can see what you are reading without killing your eyesight. Common sense would tell you that if the room is dark, turn on a light!

I think they have got the idea of 'inverse' down pat!!!