Wednesday, September 02, 2009

not quite wordless wednesday...

I know it is so cliche', but where has the time gone?

It sincerely feels like just a few months ago I was in my classroom meeting my students~~on what was their first day of school and what became my last day~~before heading to the hospital for my scheduled C-section later that afternoon.


The morning flew by. I of course did not accomplish as much as I wanted to before I said goodbye and good~luck to the substitute teacher. It was a bittersweet moment~~leaving my 12 special needs 'babies' behind as I went to meet my new baby girl. But it was a moment that I had been looking forward to for almost 9 months~~~and I was VERY ready to meet the little one that had caused so much discomfort and a few medical frights while she grew and developed inside of me!


I was READY to welcome little Miss Emma Shea into our family!


And arrive she did!!!!
At 1:16 pm, Emma made her entrance into the world. The doctors exact words were, "It is a red headed little girl. And she is peeing all over us!"

Way to say "Here I am!" my 6lb 4 oz tiny girl!!!


Today, that tiny baby girl is turning 6 years old!


And as excited as she is that she will be 6 when she wakes up, I am sad that my baby is growing up~~Each birthday brings her one year closer to needing me less; to liking me less. One year less of daily hugs and kisses! Sigh!

Where has the time gone?


and... is there anyway to stop her from growing up anymore:(

~~~~
for more wordless/almost wordless wednesday visit:
seven clown circus
ordinary and awesome
wordless wednesday
5 minutes for mom

11 comments:

  1. And in what seems another blink she will be 16. My 3 are 14, 20, and 22. And it seems like last year when they were......... well you have heard it before and it may be a cliche, but where does it go? Every new stage of their lives is wonderful though.

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish...I would keep mine from growing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Happy birthday to your PRECIOUS Girl!
    Those pictures were so ADORABLE!
    Oh my! time flies so fast!
    I would love to keep mine from growing too!!!
    Have a Lovely♥WW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy BIrthday to your big girl who is now 6. My baby girl is turning 9 :( Sniff, Sniff
    HUGS many years to treasure ahead of us both
    psst I have a 20 yr old son too He's now to big to kiss mom and have dinner with me too :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That IS an entrance to remember! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos. Time does go by very quickly, too quickly sometimes. I cannot believe my youngest is already 9 months old. I still feel the labor pains.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the collage of pictures! They sure do grow up to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday Emma!

    They do grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you could bottle that time...

    Great pictures:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful story! Happy 6th birthday sweetie!

    Great WW!

    ReplyDelete