Monday, October 26, 2009

warm feet...

Today, while taking my make-up Calculus test,I overheard the instructor talking about all of the people missing because of H1N1. It is hitting the Ohio schools hard right now.

She went on to say that she had read a published medical study that concluded that the best way to stay healthy is.....

to keep your feet warm!!!

Who knew....warm feet= a healthy body?

I decided to share my new found knowledge with Michaela when I arrived home...

and when she stopped talking long enough for me to get two words in!

I began telling her...

she sneezed.

I continued on...

she had to blow her stuffy nose.

I finished telling her the information...

Her face lit up....

She smiled real big...

and then proceeded to say,

"I now know why I woke up sick this morning! Last night at the teen get~together I was outside barefoot while we played games around the fire pit. Wow, that study must be right!"

I am so proud that as she coughs, blows her nose, and spreads her germs all around that she could be a case study supporting the new research!

2 children....barefoot outside in 40 degree weather...within the last 7 days!

Michaela and Emma, I realize we live in Kentucky, but do we have to be the poster family for the Hillbilly stereotype?