Monday, April 20, 2009

facebook....

So, as I mentioned last week, I now have a Facebook page.

I never intended to get on to Facebook, but awhile ago a friend (I met in SC in the 8th grade) emailed and asked if I was on and that another friend from that 'era' had asked about me...

so I decided, "Hey, why not!"

I signed up...

and then began the craziness that only those who have been on Facebook can relate to.

Let me interject a brief background of my life....

My dad became a preacher when I was 8 and we moved around a lot after that~~~usually every three years or so.

Moving to so many different states was great in that I got to meet so many new people.

In the course of my family moves, I went to three different high schools~~BHS in South Carolina for 9th and 10th, SHS in North Carolina for half of 11th, and Laurel Park HS in Virginia for the last half of 11th and 12th.

I went to school with A LOT of people!!!

Moving that often also created a difficulty in maintaining those friendships~~~life goes on and keeping in touch (especially as a teenager) is not first priority when you are trying to adjust to a new school and life in a new place.

And sadly, friendships are lost!

Okay...

The first night I got onto Facebook I was just going to look up a few of the people Facebook came up with that I may know and call it a night.

Well, HOURS later (5:00am), I had looked up the people FB had recommended~~ I even had to go to the basement and pull out my yearbooks because Facebook was showing me these people I should know, but I truthfully could not remember what school I went to with them (one of the other drawbacks to moving around, the people and places run together~~into one time and place, known as 'the past').

I searched for people as I looked through my yearbooks.

I searched for more people.

I made friend request...

wondering if the people would remember me after 20+ years...

wondering if they would accept my friend request...

and if they haven't, why not??

Kind of takes me back to the first day of school as 'the new girl".

So...I am on Facebook.

and I enjoy hearing from the people from my past...

and keeping on touch with the people in my present...

And while I can see how it can become addicting...

I will NOT let it take over my life...

I already have the 'blogger' world for that:):):):)