Wednesday, April 08, 2009

wordless wednesday AND wordful wednesday...




I was recently talking to someone I had not seen since we left for England. She was asking about our experiences and travels the 3 years we lived there. In the course of the conversation, she inquired about the attitude towards Americans in the various places we visited.

I immediately thought of this picture~~I took it one day as I was driving onto the base.This is Lindis Percy

she is a Quaker...

a British peace campaigner (i.e. a protester of the American military presence in England)...

the joint coordinator of the Campaign for the Accountability of American Bases...

a hater of Americans not a big fan of Americans.

a sad reminder that American military are not always welcome in the countries they support!

7 comments:

  1. Cool one for Wordless... Mine's up too hope you can drop by... Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised. Seems to me even the Americans on our own soil are disgruntled by their own country sometimes.

    My Wordful is posted now. Thing is, the photos are of good quality this time since I had to photograph them through the dining room window.

    Happy Wednesday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We saw and delt with similar things when we were stationed in Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Wordless picture is a great action photo.

    The second photo is very eye-opening:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kinda sad but a reflection of reality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so true true, all over the world the American military is hated when they try to help. Makes me wonder if we are doing the right thing. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. That first photo brings one word to mind: weeeee!

    I suppose the second picture has a very different vibe altogether...

    ReplyDelete