Wednesday, September 17, 2008

it's the little things...

As much as I miss England and the simpler life we had, there are some 'American conveniences' that I am extremely thankful for!!!!

I know, you are thinking, "Trash? You are thankful for trash?" Not the trash, but the fact that I can put this much trash out every week if I need to. And I have for the last 2 weeks--I am sure to the the delight of the trashmen.

In England we have ONE bin half the size of my Bavarian bin. Trash is picked up every other week!!!!! If it does not fit into the bin, it it is not taken. Recycling is collected the opposite week. And yes, they pay a tax for this service!!!! They are a 'greener' country and do recycle better, but as I have carpet, padding, boxes, shingles, .... to dispose of, I am thankful for the weekly collection.

***You can see the screen I had to destroy to get into the house.

***The tree in the picture is the dead one that I was hoping the wind had knocked down.