Monday, September 08, 2008

what we have been up to...

We have managed to settle into our life back in Kentucky. We are all lonely and miss our friends --have had a few pity parties--but we are just going to press ahead and make the most of our lonely existence:):)We have eaten at all of our favorite restaurants--Olive Garden three times!! No Chick-fil-a Holly!!!! My treadmill is calling. LOUDLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The weather has finally broke. It has been in the upper 90s, lower 100s since we have been back. I was sick with a migraine (from the air conditioning) and complete lethargy for the first 5 or so days. Having not lived in the heat and humidity for 3 years has caused my body not handle the heat very well. The weather broke and the air is off and the windows open!!! YEAH. FALL IS ON ITS WAY!
The girls have adjusted to school excellently. Michaela has more homework than she is used to, but she is getting into a routine. Emma Shea loves Kindergarten. She is up by 7:30 and is exhausted when she gets home (she is not morning person--she comes by that honestly!) So that all of us can like her later in the day she has begun taking a nap again. She complains all the way up the stairs and for about 3 seconds in her room--until her head hits the pillow!!
We visited the Oldham Woods church of Christ in La Grange, Ky yesterday. The members were all very friendly and we were invited over to homes after each service. Emma was confused as to why we were going to church twice--I had to explain that most churches have 2 services--she took it in stride. What will she think when we go again in Wednesday!!!!! The girls called Steve and told him there was land; open space in La Grange. Let's Go!!!! Michaela was confused as to why Kentucky seemed to get more 'southern-sounding' while she was gone. Ms. Camilla explained because she was now in real KENTUCKY. Florence is not the real Kentucky --it is southern Cincinnati.:):)
Steve will be home at the end of the month. We are not sure of our plans. He will do a month of make-up drill dates at Blue Ash, but we are not clear as to our next move. There is so much to do at the house to get it ready to sell and with the market so poor, I am not sure if selling is the best thing right now. We just have to wait and see! The Lord has always provided for us.
My neighbors have not come over to yell at me this time--so that has been good. I do have to get the lawn mower running before the grass needs mowed again since I canceled the lawn service--so that Karen and Scott can worry about other important life crisis besides the length of my grass. I do have a dead tree in my front yard that Steve will have to remove when he returns--I hope that is not the next topic of attack!!!! If only I had so little in my life to worry about!!!!!
Well, I guess that is it for now. I have been ugly enough for one morning. I think I will go drink a Pepsi ( my forbidden drink!!) and get pleasant!!