Wednesday, November 26, 2008

maybe the rules have changed...

I mean, I have been living in England for three years. I have been driving on the right side of the car and on the left side of the road for over a 1000 days. Maybe I have forgotten proper driving rules in America.

After all, when I left, drivers drove in the right hand lane unless passing. They did not stay in the left lane of the motorway refusing to get over into the completely CLEAR right lane. They did not require the the passing driver to get into the right lane and go around them. Nope. All passing was done on the left.
Hey wait, maybe all of these drivers are from the UK and they forgot that we pass on the left and not the right.

I'm just saying!!

Merging etiquette seems to have changed also. I was under the impression that if you are driving down the motorway, in the right-hand lane, and you are coming upon an entrance ramp, you move over to another lane. This allows the oncoming cars to safely enter the motorway. They do not have to come to a stop in the merging lane and attempt to enter 70-80 mph traffic at a slower speed. The cars on the motorway move over, the merging traffic enters the motorway safely.

Again, I could be mistaken!

I guess I had better go to the DMV and read up on the new driving rules so I too can be a rude, self-absorbed driver.

rant over....

until I drive down 71 S again!!!!