Tuesday, November 25, 2008

what I am thankful for...

There are so many things in my life that I am thankful for.
  • a roof over my head
  • my children
  • the church we attend
  • the ability to pay our bills
  • my friends

The one 'thing' in my life that I am most thankful for is my husband.

Yes he is frustrating and annoying at times.

Yes, he does not do things in my 'time frame' often, {isn't really sounding like a post of praise, is it?}

He is a typical man:)

BUT.....

He is the sweetest, most generous man I know.

He rarely says 'No'--not even to my crazieat requests.

He gets up with the girls to get them ready for school.

He lets me sleep in.

He does laundry/dishes/cooking.

He paints--even though he hates it.

He holds my hair back and rubs my back when I am ill.

He irons his own clothes.

He gives my pedicures--and will kill me when he reads this.

He reads stories to Emma.

He helps Michaela with her homework.

He takes care of a dog he did not want.

....the list could go on and on.

Steve, thank you for being the Christian husband and father that you are.