Wednesday, July 01, 2009

wordless wednesday...mostly

Okay, the first words that need to be said for this Mostly Wordless Wednesday are...

Don't be a hater~~~it was the late 80s! :):)
With the preliminary 'rules' of understanding and niceness having been established, we will proceed:)

This lovely photo was taken in 1987 at my Senior prom.

And all I can say is, "Ugh!!! the hair!" What were we thinking in the 80s?

**I do remember that some girl was supposed to come put my hair up, but she never showed?

Steve and I had been dating for a couple of months.

He was stationed on the USS America in Norfolk, VA but drove down to Martinsville, VA to attend my prom.

4 years after this picture was taken I stood beside him in another white gown and became his wife.
~~~~~
For more WW check out:

Seven Clown Circus

Ordinary and Awesome

Wordless Wednesday

25 comments:

  1. LOL...I graduated the same year!!

    Your hair back then was in style, girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this - I remember wearing a hoop for my sr prom too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Isn't it fun to look back sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Picture!
    love the hair and the dress!
    ♥~•*☼♥♫¨*•.Happy WW!.•*¨♫♥☼*•~♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say he liked the look, hair and all :) You two are so cute and I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have that picture!

    Oh the 80's, gotta love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Compared to some other 80's hairstyles, yours looks totally normal to me. :)

    Thanks for sharing. Happy WW to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes! Hoop skirt dresses for prom! Been there!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Prom picture. That's nice you married your high school sweetheart. Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehee Just remember back then you where stylin... I have a few pictures that I dread showing the kids in a few years because I too was in style.. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey for the times you were right in:-) happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  12. i dont know if it is the pms talking but i just got choked up a bit! {and no not bc of the fashion mistakes of the 80's-lol}

    sweet post!

    my ww's:

    http://www.mcclurefamilyspace.blogspot.com/
    http://www.2by2boutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! And I have similar photos of myself and my husband - priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. :) Wasn't that close to a Farrah Fawcett hair doo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a GREAT picture! I loved the 80's:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the way you ended your post about standing next to him in another white dress.

    Isn't it amazing to look back at ourselves through pictures?

    Sherry at EX Marks the Spot

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great photo, and congrats on being with your hubby that long:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the dress! And how awesome you married your high school sweetheart!

    My WW Post

    ReplyDelete
  19. You must admit, 80's pix make for some great entertainment now! I have plenty of my own.

    Very sweet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing one of the precious moments in your life with us. Frankly speaking, I thought your hair was pretty good.

    ReplyDelete