Sunday, July 05, 2009

independence day...the celebration that just kept going...

Our July 4th celebration began on July 3rd with a spontaneous dinner at the Beckley's..

We had yummy food cooked over the fire...

A fireworks show from several neighborhood houses...

The girls ended up spending the night...

Steve went to work...

Tim, Simona, and I sat around the fire pit talking...

until 3:45 AM!!

The time with friends was very needed!
~~~~~
The 4th found us crashing the party at the Spargo's.

The members of the Mineola Pike church were getting together for food, friendship, and singing.

Emma went swimming...for about 10 minutes.

it was raining and cold!

YES...C.O.L.D. in Kentucky!! In July!!!!

Michaela and Hannah~~cheesing it up for the camera.

We had a good time visiting and singing praises to God.

It was slightly awkward with Steve's boss there (she is/was a 'friend') with the tension at work between the two.

but I did okay~~I didn't hurt her:)

I did back into a SUV as we were leaving because I was so aggravated with the situation that I was thinking fuming and just backed~~ignoring the blaring beeping that the van was doing; telling me that there was something behind me.

Luckily neither car was damaged!


Because it was so rainy, most of the firework shows around the neighborhood were postponed until......
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tonight!

We stood in our front yard and watch firework shows from every direction.

Emma would say "Look over there!" "Wait, look over there" "OOOHH look at that one over there!"

Poor thing probably has whip lash from all of the twist and turns she made:)
This is the first time Emma got to do sparklers...

surprisingly, they don't sell alot of 4th of July fireworks in England:)

She was somewhat leery at first...

you tell me NOT to play with fire and now you want me to hold this thing in my hand???

but it didn't take long for her to begin to enjoy it!


Michaela joined in the fun...

sparklers know no age limit!!
~~~~~~~~~~

So the fireworks have quieted...

and the festivities have ended...

but we should remember every day...

God has blessed the USA!