Friday, July 10, 2009

friday frivolity...

My friend Rebecca, from Cambridge, England, and I used to joke about the English language; she would tell me that THEY invented it and I would remind her that we PERFECTED it:)

One of my favorite words from the 'Queen's English' is GOBSMACKED.

It means: flabbergasted, speechless, utterly astounded.

And even though I cannot say it in the proper English accent {and yes, Rebecca you do have an accent:)} I am feeling completely gobsmacked today.

I am gobsmacked that people in authority can make you justify actions that you actually never did. (and your wife was right there when you had the conversation.)

I am gobsmacked that individuals claiming to be Christians act the way they do.

I am gobsmacked that at the time in my life that I thought I would be feeling settled and 'in control', I am actually more stressed and ill at unease than ever before.

I am gobsmacked that I still let people get to me, that I will lose sleep tonight stressing about what will be the next thing, and I will replay conversations over and over again in my head.

I am gobsmacked that I am so surprised that people let us down.

I am gobsmacked...

utterly, amazingly, completely GOBSMACKED!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.