Thursday, July 09, 2009

from lungs to the second coming....

Emma is a wonder.

She is our goofball; our clown. She keeps us laughing.

But she also amazes us with the workings of her mind. We never quite know what she will come up with to discuss.

She comes out with the most random comments, I often wonder what is going on in that mind of hers.

Actually, I am often afraid of what is going on in that mind of hers!

Case in point...

As she and I were driving home after dropping Michaela off at Team practice, I hear Emma's voice break through the music playing in the radio.

"You know about lungs don't you Mommy."

Yes, Emma I know about lungs.

Do you know where your heart is?

Yes, hon I do.

Of course you do, everyone knows where their heart is. It is right here. She points to her chest. Do you know how I know where my heart is? I cover it when I say the Pledge of Allegiance. Like this. She shows me as she proceeds to say the entire pledge. Sometimes we said the Pledge with the tv at school, but sometimes we just looked at the flag in our classroom and said it.

Why does it talk about God in the Pledge?

It tells us that God is in control of all the world. We should keep God in all of the decisions made.

Oh. Did you know that God and Jesus are going to come back and take us to heaven?

Just Jesus is going to come back. God will stay in heaven.

{and the conversation continues as I attempt to explain God the Father and God the Son to my 5 year old}

Never would I imagine a conversation beginning with lungs and ending with the second coming....

but with Emma Shea you never know where her mind will take us!!!

and it is always an adventure that keeps us on our toes:)