Friday, February 20, 2009

friday frivolity...

I just finished my last test and paper for the week!!! YEAH!!!!

The girls are downstairs Emma vegging in front of Netflix. Michaela, reading~~~~maybe I will go ahead and read about Pulmonology????

or cook dinner!!!

or ........

go to abc.go and watch Grey's:):):):)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The weather has been crazy again.

Wednesday it was 60*

We had wind, rain, and hail.

And then the temperatures dropped.

We woke up to snow flurries yesterday~~~just in time for the morning commute.

Michaela made it to school, but the elementary schools were put on a 2 hour delay.

Which, of course, meant no school for Emma Shea.

By 12:00 the snow was completely melted.

And we had a high of 27*!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The snow is on its way again.

The predictions vary from meteorologist to meteorologist, but 2-3 inches seems to be the most consistent prediction.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have decided that Cali is NOT a Newfoundland.

I am used to dogs chewing on furniture and shoes.

Thankfully, we have not had to deal with that.

Instead, we contend with her eating EVERYTHING.

Papers
My plants
The coins in the coin jug
Pens and pencils
A bush outside
The logs for the fireplace
The bark off of a tree
Bread dough left in a bowl on the counter to rise

E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

I think she is a goat!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve is MOD tomorrow.

No, not Ministry of Defense~~~~Manager on Duty.

The managers rotate Saturdays~~~his is tomorrow.

Michaela is going to go in and help him organize his NASTY office. (and keep him awake since he is working his security job tonight)

I am thrilled because that means he gets a day off next week~~~I have a room that needs painted and a supply of firewood needing replenished.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The girls were off school for President's Day on Monday.

So we went to the facility on Monday and ate lunch with Steve.

Booker, the cook, came out and introduced himself to us.

He kept going on and on about how much Emma looks like me.

I don't see it.

To me, she is a miniature Steve!

BUT......

He also said Steve was a great guy and they love him~~~so how much stock am I going take in his opinion:)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While we were eating at the facility, one of the residents came up and talked to us.

She asked Steve if we were all his daughters.

I got a good laugh out of that!!!

Of course, she HAD just been introduced to us 10 minutes before.

BUT.....

It is much more fun to harass Steve about looking old enough to be my father~~~and ignore the fact that the lady was in her upper 80s with mild dementia!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~