Thursday, June 18, 2009

what is truly important...

Recently I have been extremely frustrated about the lack of progress on the projects that have been started and not completed or not begun at all at the house.

I try not to say anything to Steve because I know the hours he is having to put in at work...

but sometimes the aggravation of having a grass covered and 'pool water dripping' 5 year old having to run up the cream carpeted stairs to the bathroom because the WC is not finished downstairs gets to me...

and I lash out at my overworked husband.


It's not pretty.

I am trying really hard to bite my tongue.

really, really hard!!!

And then today, God took a big frying pan and knocked me in the head....

with just one arbitrary sentence I randomly came across...

My house is not the showcase I would like it to be, but as long as I am decorating it with love, compassion, patience, good-will, and Christian beliefs, it is all it needs to be.

Kind of put things into perspective!

Whether or not my house is the 'showcase' I want it to be will not be what shapes my daughters' hearts. The love and contentment, patience and compassion that surrounds them in their home is what will mold and shape their hearts.