Friday, January 09, 2009

give it over to God...

Sleep is not coming easily tonight.

I am lying here trying to turn the thoughts off.

But they keep coming.

I thought if I put my thoughts and concerns 'down on paper', so to speak, clarity might come.

I know as a faithful Christian I have the privilege of prayer.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 tells us to 'Pray without ceasing.' Psalms 55:22 reassures us that the Lord will never let us fall if we cast our cares on him. He will sustain us.
and 1 Peter 5:7 tells us to “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.” I have tried 'giving my worries to God'. I know that is what he desires.

Because I am an erring human, I fail miserably in letting go of the 'control' I think I have.

And thus the sleepless nights!

As I have mentioned in previous posts, the last three months have been a time of career and financial uncertainty for us. Temporary services have not been hiring. There have been no offers from the companies Steve has interviewed with. Worry, fear, and more uncertainty have become a 'natural' part of my existence.

Until this week!

After 3 months of no offers, we now have 4 jobs to consider.

The security job Steve has been working for the past few weeks, his pretend job, has offered him more consistent hours. The pay is minimal. We could not live on it, so this is not an option.

The second option is temporary~~6 or so months at the base while part of the unit is in the 'sandbox'. The pay is 'do~able', but it is temporary and we will be in the same situation as we are now. So this one is truly not on our list of choices.

It is the third and fourth offers that are causing the sleepless night

They each have pros and cons. Neither is 'better' than the other. Steve would be happy doing both. My concern with one is that Steve's boss would be a friend of ours. This worries me. The main concern with the second job is the hiring protocol~ It is a major company that has been around for decades but they do not hire directly to the company. You are hired through another 'temp.' company for the first 9 months. The last three months are 'overtime' months and then at the end of the year you are hired by the 'main' company. So again we have no job 'certainty'.

I have prayed~~~without ceasing!

And I know that God will provide the answer.

I pray that we will 'hear' what He tells us.