Saturday, January 31, 2009

lazy saturday...

We ended up not having visitors today. Steve told his parents to wait until the roads are completely cleared off before they drive down. He worked his 'pretend job' last night, so in order to allow him to sleep without the chaos of two girls and a large puppy, I took the girls to see TALES OF DESPEREAUX at the cheap seats.
Cute movie~~ You know for a movie with rats and mice!!!

Tonight, before he goes to his pretend job, Steve and I {BY.OUR.SELVES.} are going to the cheap movie to see Valkyrie. I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan, but I am hoping the plot is strong enough for me to forget it is him playing the part.

I do not usually like going to the theater to watch movies. I like to be at home, folding laundry, surfing the web, doing something else while the movie is playing. But it will be a nice break in the mundane routine we are in. I think the last movie we went to see by ourselves was THE VILLAGE. And what a complete waste of time that movie was!! Let's hope this movie fairs better.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We have been home, FROM SEEING A MOVIE, for less than an hour and Emma Shea was just sent to her room because she "has no one to play with." "Nothing to do." {which are words to make me lose my cool!} "Michaela just wants to read and I can't read. She is ruining my life!" WHAT!!!!!! Ruining her life.

Anyone need some toys? Craft items? Books? Because obviously Emma doesn't want them. Or better yet, anyone want a 5 year old whose life has been ruined by her 12 year old sister!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is gorgeous outside. The sun shining on the ice is creating a shimmering light show on all of the trees.
Absolutely beautiful.
I just wish I was a good enough photographer to capture it.
~~~~~~~~