Wednesday, March 18, 2009

wordless wednesday AND wordful wednesday...

Strange picture you say!

I totally agree!

But this is my life today....

You see, our puppy {and i use that term loosely since she is 80 lbs at 6 months} made her mark when she was about 4 months old...

she decided to chew the cord to the laptop...

We have been doing okay with it, but it has gotten REALLY bad in the last few days~~the electrical tape wasn't even helping anymore.

So we have ordered a new one, but we have to wait for it to get here from Fujitsu {none of the stores carry a compatible one~~becasue that would be too easy and convenient}.

This would normally not be a big deal~~~I would just have to give up the internet/blogging for awhile.

I would survive for a day or two!!!

Except this week is the final week for one of my classes.

I have a paper to write and a final to take by Friday.

I had my study schedule all planned out~~~the computer cord doesn't seem to be on the same page as me!

It keeps shorting out and then the battery runs out 15 minutes later.

I have just spent the last 10 minutes twisting the cord at the frayed area~~safe, I know!

It finally smoked, then sparked , and I now have power~~~for now {so of course I am posting before doing schoolwork!!!}

So, if I sit really still, keep the dog from bumping the cord, I might just complete what I had planned to have finished this morning ~~~before Emma wakes up and has to go to dance!!

Aren't pets a treasure and joy!!!

Man's best friend!!!

Makes me wish I was in the picture below~~sitting on the peaceful beach; listening to the waves lap up on to the shore :)

WORDLESS WEDNESDAY...

taken by me in Hundstanton, UK

6 comments:

  1. Ooh your wordless pic is so gorgeous!! Good luck with your finals and that laptop cord- I've definitely been there, when my guy was a pup, he did the exact same thing! My best advice? Keep the new cord AWAY from her- something about the electricity in it or something drew our dog to it, and he chewed not one but TWO of them through before we wised up about it! lol... Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unplug before beginning...
    If it is the portion between the transformer and the laptop then it can probably be fixed. Cut it in the bad place and strip the wire back on both ends. Then take the inner portion and twist together with the wires parallel (like your fingers). Make sure none of the outside "webbed" wire gets in that twists. Then wrap electrical tape around it while keeping the webbed wire out still. Once the inner is well insulated, twist some of the webbed wire together (this is why the wires have to be parallel) and wrap that with electrical tape.
    Good luck.
    -Emory

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have said "Unplug from laptop and transformer before beginning..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course it wouldn't be in stock locally!! Isn't this the way always! I hope things work out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very lovely and dramatic ocean picture.

    It is possible to fix a laptop cord, I have done it before. Pretty much anything is repairable as long as it's not fused or sealed to another part.

    ReplyDelete